Thanks to the growing demand for vegan food items, more companies are embracing it into their policies. Better yet, cafes and restaurants have also included vegan options into their menu to make sure that everyone enjoys their stay.
Take Starbucks, for example. Not only has this international coffee chain offered vegan drinks, but they have also added an entire vegan selection for their food products. And if you’re counting calories, they even have a low-calorie vegan selection. That goes to show how dedicated it is to be inclusive of everyone around them.
If you’re new to veganism and curious about what Starbucks has to offer, then you came to the right place. We have compiled them all in these vegan options – Starbucks edition.
Vegan Food at Starbucks
Before heading to the drinks, let’s start with the vegan food at Starbucks. This international coffee chain offers multiple food items that go well with your coffee, and you’d be surprised that most of our favorites are actually vegan.
Here are the vegan food items that you can get at Starbucks:
- Their bagel products, including plain, cinnamon raisin, blueberry, and sprouted grain. To make your food even more interesting, you can also get the avocado spread for your bagel – and yes, the spread is also a vegan option.
- Their Classic Oatmeal and Blueberry Oatmeal.
- Their vegetable salads, but make sure you don’t add any dairy products to them.
- Their raw granola bars.
- Their lentils and vegetable protein bowl.
- Their plant-based protein box consisting of chickpea bites and avocado.
- Their Vegan Superberry Acai.
- Their sticky rice chips.
- Their selection of dried fruits.
- Their selection of mixed nuts.
- Emmy’s Organic Coconut Cookies in Dark Cacao and Coconut Vanilla.
However, bear in mind that the availability of these food products may vary per location. And since Starbucks continues to improve its menu regularly, it’s best to ask the barista to lead you to their vegan options. We guarantee that you will always find more than one option at any Starbucks store.
Vegan Items at Starbucks
Now that we’ve enumerated the vegan food at this beloved cafe, we can now start with other vegan items at Starbucks. Particularly, their drinks.
- Plain brewed coffee. As we all know, coffee beans are sourced from the coffee plant, so no animal involvement is necessary throughout its production process. That makes plain brewed coffee the safest choice for vegans.
- Plain brewed teas. Aside from coffee, tea is also known for being a hearty and healthy plant-based drink.
- Americano, whether hot or iced.
- Vegan Mocha Frappuccino. You can have this made with non-dairy milk with no whipped cream on top. This will surely be a treat for those who love iced drinks from Starbucks.
- Vegan S’mores Frappuccino. For those who want something unique that gets your taste buds going, you can try this drink by asking for a vanilla bean frap with vegan mocha sauce and marshmallow syrup. Just make sure that you as for mocha sauce instead of mocha syrup to make sure it’s the vegan alternative.
- Iced Hazelnut Mocha Coconut Milk Macchiato.
- Matcha Latte with any non-dairy milk.
- Matcha Lemonade.
- Ombre Iced Coffee. You can get this by asking for a cold brew with any of your favorite non-dairy milk.
- Fruit smoothies. Just make sure that they’re made with non-dairy milk.
- Strawberry Acai Refresher with coconut milk.
- Very Berry Hibiscus Refresher with coconut milk.
- Cold Brew with Cocoa and foam made with almond milk.
And the list goes on – especially with Starbucks introducing new vegan drinks now and then. Thus, it’s always safe to ask the barista what vegan drinks they can recommend. And with all the options on the menu, you’ll surely find one that best will best satisfy your cravings.
But as the last tip, we recommend ditching dairy milk and opting for any of the non-dairy alternatives such as oat milk, almond milk, soy milk, and coconut milk. It’s also best to stay away from dairy-based syrups, java chips, and whipped cream.
Low-calorie Vegan Starbucks Drinks
We weren’t exaggerating when we said that Starbucks is making its menu more inclusive to its different customers. In fact, their menu ensures that everyone enjoys a drink – even vegans who are on a low-calorie diet.
With that said, here are some of our favorite low-calorie vegan Starbucks drinks.
- Plain brewed teas and coffees. It goes without saying that at the heart of the low-calorie menu is to keep things simple with a plain brewed coffee or tea. As long as you don’t add any more sugar or non-dairy milk, you can enjoy a cup of joe with only 5 calories.
- Iced Café Americano. Like the brewed coffee above, you can also enjoy a low-calorie drink when you opt for an iced americano to keep you company.
- Cold Brew. While this drink has a little more sugar than the cult-favorite Café Americano, it doesn’t have a lot of calories in it. you’d be surprised that this drink only comes with one calorie. But if you add non-dairy milk to it, you can enjoy a cup for around 40 to 80 calories.
- Fruit-based Refreshers. Starbucks has a wide variety of colorful and caffeinated fruit-based refreshers. Not only are these drinks vegan, but you can enjoy one within only 60 to 80 calories – depending on the size of your drink.
- Unsweetened Iced Passion Tea. Specifically mention that you do not want any syrup added to your drink, and you can stay refreshed all day at zero calories!
- Cold Foam Iced Cappuccino. To get this drink, ask for the cold foam to be made with coconut milk or almond milk instead. You’ll only get around 80 calories for this drink – not bad for a foamy and milky drink.
- Nitro Cold Brew. Another alternative is this refreshingly addictive drink. This is a drink based on nitrogen-infused coffee grounds, citrus juices, and cold water. As such, you get to enjoy this one-calorie drink.
- Cool Lime Refresha. As its name implies, this drink is a summertime favorite, thanks to its citrus-based flavors. Depending on the size of your drink, you can get it with only 80 to 100 calories – and far less if you opt for the unsweetened kind.
There are so much more low-calorie vegan drinks that Starbucks has to offer. So as a tip, simply ask for non-dairy milk and try to steer clear of added syrups and sugars. That’s sure to keep the calorie count down.
Vegan Breakfast at Starbucks
Another reason why we believe Starbucks is inclusive of vegans is because of its addition of a plant-based sandwich on its breakfast menu.
Recently, Starbucks introduced the Beyond Meat Breakfast Sandwich as a staple in their breakfast menu. If you’re not familiar with Beyond Meat, it’s a company that produces plant-based meat alternatives for vegans to enjoy.
Particularly for this sandwich, Starbucks uses Beyond Meat’s pea protein patty that’s topped with tofu-turmeric egg alternative, cheese that’s made from coconut milk, and tomatoes. Thus, you know it’s going to be good.
In some territories, Starbucks also offers the Impossible Breakfast Sandwich. This is made from a plant-based sausage patty paired with vegan-friendly relish and toppings. So wherever you may be around the world, you’ll never go hungry with Starbucks’ selection of vegan items.
With these options on their menu, we doubt that non-vegans will ever think that vegan food is dull and boring.